Sunday, October 4, 2009

Loogie Is So Popular

I've a confession to make. I secretly like all the spitting and hack-a-loogieing that the Chinese do around here. To be fair, it's mostly older folks who do it, and students and bus takers and street walkers and, oh let's face it: Everyone hacks a loogie. It's the national pastime next to eating.

Anyway, whenever I'm out and about, I listen for the thunderous roar of the throat clearing that builds into the ejaculation of a spit. It's a comforting daily soundtrack and alerts me that, "There is a here." But the fun part? As soon as I catch wind of the phlemg song, I yell out "Expectorate!" in my best Hermione Granger voice and award myself 1 point for being an earwitness to this charming event. A 10-point day is indeed a good day, for it means I combed the streets of the Jing in pursuit of adventure.

So wave your wand and say it with me, Expectorate Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment